International programs, such as the World Climate Research Program (WCRP) and the International Geosphere-Biosphere Programme (IGBP), organize and manage projects to coordinate numerical experiments, inter-comparison of model results or evaluation of models. Governmental and intergovernmental panel like IPCC produces reports on climate change.
Overview of the IPSL contribution to:
IPSL members co-lead or are strongly involved in:
- AMMA-Model Intercomparison Project (AMMA-MIP)
- Aerosol Comparisons between Observatory and Models (AEROCOM)
- Coupled Carbon Cycle Climate Model Intercomparison Project (C4MIP)
- Cloud observations for model evaluation (CFMIP-OBS)
- Paeloclimate Modelling Intercomparision project (PMIP)
IPSL also contributes to:
- Chemistry-Climate Model Activity (CCMVAL)
- Coordinated Regional Climate Dowscaling Experiment (CORDEX)
IPSL researchers contribute as co-authors to many reports:
- Fifth Assessment Report of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC-AR5)
- Fourth Assessment Report of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC-AR4)
- Third Assessment Report of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC-TAR)
IPSL researchers lead, co-lead or are members of the committee of different programs or projects.