- Published on Monday, 21 November 2011 11:24
WCRP - CMIP5 Workshop on Model Analysis
5-9 March 2012, Honolulu, USA
"Abstract submission now open"
It is our pleasure to announce the WCRP Workshop on CMIP5 Model Analysis to be held 5-9 March 2012 in Honolulu, Hawaii, USA.
Abstract submission is now open, with deadline *14 December, 2011*.
Attendance is limited by the size of the venue (approx. 150 people) and format of workshop. Participation will be invitation-only based on abstracts that are selected for presentation.
All details and update information can be found at http://cmip5.wcrp-climate.org/workshop
The workshop is organized by the WCRP/CLIVAR Working Group on Coupled Models (WGCM) and is hosted by the International Paciﬁc Research Center (IPRC) at the University of Hawaii. The workshop will consist of a
series of half-day sessions. Each session will begin with presenters in that session given three minutes to show no more than one slide summarizing the main conclusion; the rest of the half day session will consist of
viewing the posters of that session.
Criteria: Abstract acceptance will be based on priority given to at least the following criteria:
1. Multi-model CMIP5 analyses aiming to physically interpret robust behavior and/or inter-model differences based on basic principles, theories and/or through a hierarchy of models (or model configurations) of different
2. The program committee will attempt to achieve a balance of results from the various experiment types from CMIP5
3. To demonstrate that your analysis has already begun, you are encouraged to include a description of your preliminary analysis so far, and any conclusions supported by it
- November 15 2011 - Abstract submission opens
- December 14 2011 - Deadline for abstract submission
- End December 2011 - Notiﬁcation of accepted abstracts
Gerald Meehl - NCAR, USA and Sandrine Bony - LMD/IPSL, France,
on behalf of the Programme Committee (Gerald Meehl, Sandrine Bony, Ron
Stouffer, Karl Taylor, John Mitchell, Curt Covey, Mojib Latif)